Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Close but no cigar

I got to the final table of the tourney today.  Top 5 were paid with first being over 2500.  I went out in 8th.  Here's how it went down.
The blinds were 600-1200 with 75 blinds.  I had about 8500 when we moved to the final table and had bled down to 8100ish. 
The guy in 2nd position raises to 3600.  He gets FOUR callers.  No raises just calls.  I look down in the big blind.  I've got 99.  While that was a nice surprise I would have raised all-in with any two cards at that point.  It was going to be hard for anyone up front to call, and the limpers in back could have went allin if they felt strong.  So I push allin.
The upfront guy nguished for a long time and eventually mucked AJ.  I got 2 other all ins:  mr. Wild actually had a hand for once and showed AK.  The other dude had 5s (?!).  I was good until the river when the K came, and good game to me sir.
Waiting for the plane. It going to be a long 4th of July unless I get some sleep. Once I saw the number of kids on this flight I went and bought some Nyquil gel caps.  I hope that and the noise-canceling headphones work their magic.
See ya on the ground. 

No comments: