Friday, January 20, 2006

At least I didn't get mesothelioma - and football picks

This week was a rough one. I never caught back up on sleep from the Florida trip, and then my day job decided it was the week for all hell to break loose. I felt (metaphorically) like a coal miner with black lung disease, or a worker at a auto brake pad manufacturer just waiting to get wacked with asbestos -- but all in very speedy time. I'm sure attorneys have much worse weeks than this.

I know that didn't make sense to anyone.

Ok, now that crap is out of the way. It was a long week though I'm not sure why. Work was rough but that's part of the job description. I'm like a defensive back, except instead of being in incredible shape and paid to hit people I am fat and sit in a crappy chair all day. But both professions require that you forget about the bad plays/blowups and take each situation independently. Still sucks when you're wrong though.

And for those of you that care: my guy likes the away teams this week. I'll have all the fun prop bets ready for the Superbowl. And as I speak I'm playing in the blogger $10 HORSE tournament at Full Tilt. Somehow it's 50 mins in and I'm not out yet; in fact, I'm in 10th of 52 remaining.

No comments: