Monday, March 06, 2006

Park City Fun

I've been quite bad about posting lately. I know all 5 of you that read this have been sitting on the edge of your seat wondering what's been going on the past month. There certainly have been plenty of things to write about but after my ski trip I've been on the road a few times, gotten sick and just generally felt like a lazy piece of crap. I've played very little poker but did get 10th place finish in a $50 entry 507 person No Limit tourney. I played well with not much to speak of for cards but wasn't afraid to risk it with a slight perceived edge.

Therefore, I'm going to catch up with posts the next few days. In early February Mrs. Cheddah and I went skiing in Park City, UT with two other couples. We had a great time. The only real "Utah" moment was when we got off the plane and there was a welcoming committee waiting for one of the other travelers. The group looked like what you'd expect the families of Children of the Corn to look like, if those kids were allowed to grow up and have families. They were quite pale, and dressed like extras in a Brady Bunch episode. The returning LSD missionaries were very excited to see their parents and siblings, but the whole episode just creeped me out a bit. I go skiing to drink first, and enjoy running down other skiers second. I just afraid there might be a little too much Utah in Park City to allow me to enjoy Goal #1.

Thankfully, I was wrong. The following videos might give you a taste of the debauchery that took place during our Apres Ski on our second night of fun. I shot these on my Treo 650 so the sound and video suck, but you'll get the general idea. You'll need Quick Time Active X download to view the videos. It takes about 15 secs so don't sweat it - if you have the time to waste reading this crap, you can spare the ime for the download.

Exhibit One: When you look around a bar and can't find the entertainment, you are the entertainment. Click here to watch

They had a special on 32 oz beers. They were called Fat Boys. Considering I am a Fat Boy, I thought it was a perfect fit. It also didn't hurt our waitress was into fatboys. It said so on here shirt. That's all the encouragement I need to drink. One of our crew (we'll call him Mark) took to the fatboys like Cheddah to bacon-wrapped shrimp. This video comes after he has put down 5 of them. Yes, that's right, FIVE. You'll see more of him later.


Exhibit Two: Mrs. Cheddah likes her space. Click here to watch

Mrs. Cheddah is an upstanding member of the community (unlike her husband). She has no time for 5x Time Fat Boys and their rabble-rousing. This was the THIRD time that evening they had played Sweet Child of Mine in the rotation. You can't hear it but we thought we were pretty damn good at the time. Also wonderful half-rotation butter-churning by Mrs. Cheddah and Heather.

Exhibit Three: I Think That's Illegal - Especially in Utah. Click here to watch

Yes...what you thought happened at the end did happen. In a bar. In Utah. And yes, I giggle like a stoned Boy George when I'm drunk, so that's me you hear. At this point, the new waitress told one of the many gawkers standing around our table that he should ask us for our table in an effort to get us to leave.

Anyway, the snow was awesome, skiing was fun, and I didn't kill anyone or break anything. I wished someone had killed me when on the skilift the next day after that apres-ski, but a slammed-can of Redbull and a Bacon-cheeseburger later, I was almost new again.

Next time: the ski prop-bet thread, and info on who's backing me for WSOP 2006. Maybe a bankroll update if I get all my hands imported as well.

No comments: