Wednesday, March 15, 2006

WSOP 2006 - Fear the Cheddah Nation

Well, I'm filling out the forms today. I'm entering the 2006 WSOP $2000 NL event (that's event #6 for those of you scoring at home). I invite all of you that are looking for something to do the weekend before July 4th to head on out and join the Cheddah Nation in rooting me on/laughing at my incompetence. I've actually sold 50% of myself for this event, and have 10% collected. I decided selling my action was a good idea for a variety of reasons:
  1. I'm not that good. I thought about trying to sell 200% of my action, and pulling a Texas Hold-em version of The Producers. Unfortunately, I don't have that many gullible friends.
  2. I've played in events costing me up to $600 before, and feel comfortable I can play a $1000 event without being scared money. $2000, I'm not sure about. This way it keeps me in my comfort envelope.
  3. I think it'll give enough people incentive to come out, drink heavily, and heckle that I should be able to have a good time if the six-sigma event were to happen and I don't make the final table of action. 4 nights in Vegas is every American's God-given right, and I feel like I'm doing my part giving anyone an out to booze it up.

I'm playing pretty well, having taken up SNG's again. I won a $55 one last night on Star, but am more happy about the way I played than the results. Selectively aggressive, picking the right times to pimp-slap those that seemed weak and getting away from hands where I thought I was beat.

Anyway, if you want to join us out there, let me know. It should be a good time.

No comments: