Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Poker, Nicholas Cage, and Breast etiquette

Variance gave me a gentle roundkick in the jewels last night. I've got one hell of a cold which causes me to play passive. I decided to play to see how long I can force myself to play aggressively when I'm not in the mood. I found the answer: Long enough to blow a few hundred bucks.

I'm not mad about my play, I just kept running my overpair (QQ and KK) into 66 on non-threatening boards like J63. The funny thing was, both times they ended up hitting quads on the river. All the money was in by this point. 6 handed no-limit, she's got some volatility I tell you.

Now for something completely different that should make Mrs. Cheddah hit me with a frying pan...

I've got a movie industry etiquette question. I don't watch many movies. I'd rather read, or play video games. I'll go to a theatre see a good shoot-em-up or buy any piece of crap that Adam Sandler puts out but that's about it. If Mrs. Cheddah or Little Cheddahs want to go, I'm usually game because popcorn can cure most any bad movie experience.

In addition, I don't know many in the entertainment industry. Madison isn't the hotbed of producers and actors, and even in Chicago which has a decent scene I didn't get to know many in the industry. So to those of you that do know many actors and actresses, here's my question:

When a woman who was your friend in high school is in a sex scene with Nicholas Cage, how do you properly congratulate her? I'm assuming this is a positive for her career and am sincerely happy that she got the exposure. (I gotta admit though, the idea of someone I know even simulating a Nicholas Cage boning gives me the heeby-jeebies.) She was (and is still from the few encounters I've had with her the past few years) a nice, fun-loving person so I'm hoping this is her stepping stone to bigger and better things. I know she's done excellent voice over work in the past and I'm seriously glad to see she's doing well in her chosen life. On the other hand, I don't want her to think I'm a bigger deviant than she already knows I am.

I haven't seen it yet (see above) but there seems to be quite a bit of critical acclaim for her work on the imdb.com message boards from the perv element. She was definitely a hottie in high school and I enjoy boobies, so I guess I'm going to have to sit through the damn Weatherman movie just to see the scene. I vowed I wouldn't watch that flick after they disrupted my walk to work one day in Chicago when filming it, but all vows have a breast exemption clause by default.
So, my question to you gentle reader(s)... What's the proper form to congratulate someone for their partial frontal nudity and simulated sex act? I'm sure it's common-place in LA, so there must be some normal way of doing it. I was thinking something along the line of "You were good in The Weatherman Robyn. I actually believed you were enjoying having sex with Nicholas Cage. It was terrifying, but believable."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you could say to her "Wow - that was just the same as I fantasized, all through high school...."